Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement

Israeli Offensive Stays Unabated In Gaza, Six More Killed In Fresh Air Strike

Fresh Gaza strike kills six, including a child, as Trump urges Israel to halt attacks

Israeli Offensive Stays Unabated In Gaza, Six More Killed In Fresh Air Strike
Six killed in Gaza strike as Israeli offensive continues despite Trump's call
(Photo: Mohammed Ibrahim/ Unsplash)

The Israeli offensive in Gaza continued despite U.S. President Donald Trump's call for Israel to halt attacks in the Palestinian enclave, with a fresh air strike in western Gaza City killing at least six people, including a child, according to Al Jazeera.

The strike targeted a cafe in the port area west of Gaza City, in the Shati area, Al Jazeera reported. Gaza health officials said several people were also wounded, with some of the injured reported to be in critical condition.

According to Al Jazeera Arabic, the intensity of the strike pushed some of the dead and wounded into the sea, with recovery efforts under way. Most of the injured were taken to al-Shifa Hospital in Gaza City.

ALSO READ: Israeli Strikes Kill 11 In Lebanon In Worst Attack Since June Ceasefire

The casualty toll initially reported by Al Jazeera was five, including a child. Sources at al-Shifa Hospital later said six people, including a child, were killed in the attack.

The Israeli military said it had carried out an air strike in the Shati area targeting what it described as “several Hamas commanders.”

In a post on Telegram, the Israeli army said the group was “attacked from the air to remove the threat to the forces”.

The military alleged that the targeted group was planning an attack against Israeli forces operating in Gaza. The latest strike comes a day after The Wall Street Journal reported that Trump had called on Israel to stop striking targets in Gaza.

According to the WSJ, Trump's remarks came as his envoy Jared Kushner met Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday in an effort to revive the U.S. president's plan to disarm Hamas and bring the war in Gaza to an end.

ALSO READ:  'They Are Not Even People': Israel's Ben-Gvir Calls For Killing Of '30 To 40' People In Gaza Every Night

The development marked a rare public difference between the two close allies. Netanyahu had rejected Trump's proposed phased disarmament plan for Hamas last week, according to the WSJ.

Following a brief pause, Israel resumed near-daily strikes against Palestinian militants. Israel has said some of the targets were militants involved in the October 7, 2023, attack and hostage-taking.

Essential Business Intelligence, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice, Daily Fuel, Gold and Silver Prices and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search
Add NDTV Profit As Google Preferred Source
Listen to the latest songs, only on JioSaavn.com