Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jul 21, 2020

Royal Bank of Scotland Tells Most Staff to Stay Home Until 2021

Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc has told most employees to work from home until next year as a precaution against the lingering coronavirus pandemic.

The U.K. lender said 80% of its staff will continue to work remotely until 2021, extending its previous guidance that workers would be home until September. The decision affects about 50,000 people.

“Like we've done throughout the pandemic the decision has been made carefully, including considering the latest guidance from the U.K. government on Friday and our own health and safety standards and procedures,” said a spokesman. “It's a cautious approach but we feel the right one to take currently.”

RBS, which is changing its name to NatWest Group Plc on Wednesday, said it will issue further guidance to staff later in the year. Financial News reported the announcement earlier.

The U.K. announced a nationwide lockdown in March, forcing all but essential businesses to close their premises. A “very small number” of RBS staff returned to the office in June, the bank has previously said.

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search