Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jan 09, 2020

No U.S. Casualties in Iran Strikes on Iraq Base: U.S. Official

(Bloomberg) -- There were no American casualties in Iranian missile strikes targeting bases in Iraq that hosted U.S. and Iraqi soldiers, a U.S. official said, asking not to be named because the information hasn't yet been made public.

The attacks used guided missiles and in this instance, Iran appeared to be shooting to miss, the official said. Iraq's prime minister's office said earlier that it got verbal notice from Iran prior to the attack, and no casualties were reported among Iraqis.

To contact the reporter on this story: Jennifer Jacobs in Washington at jjacobs68@bloomberg.net

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Benjamin Harvey at bharvey11@bloomberg.net

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search