Arunachal Pradesh on Sunday reported 41 new cases of Covid-19, taking the state's tally to 650, a senior health official said.
Most of the new cases were detected in the Capital Complex with 18 people testing positive, followed by 10 in Lower Siang, six in Papum Pare, three in Lower Dibang Valley and two cases each in West Kameng and Lower Subansiri districts, he said.
The cases in Lower Siang and Lower Dibang Valley districts were detected at quarantine centres. One case each in West Kameng and Lower Subansiri districts were also detected at quarantine centres, said State Surveillance Officer, L Jampa.
The Capital Complex has recorded most of the cases in the state at 216, followed by Changlang (37), Namsai (27), East Siang (21), Lower Subansiri and Lower Siang with 14 cases each.
Capital Complex Deputy Commissioner, Komkar Dulom, declared seven buildings in Naharlagun and one in Itanagar as containment zones for a period of 28 days. Papum Pare's Deputy Commissioner Pige Ligu declared Chiptua village in Doimukh sub-division as containment zone after six cases were detected there.
The Arunachal Pradesh government has extended the total lockdown in the Capital Complex for another two weeks in the wake of the spurt in infections in the region, Chief Secretary Naresh Kumar said. The restrictions, which were imposed till Monday evening, have been extended till 5 a.m. on Aug. 3.
A total of 38,042 samples have been tested in the state so far.
(Source: PTI)