Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Oct 27, 2020

Iran Sends Envoy to Moscow in Bid to Fix Nagorno-Karabakh Crisis

Iran will send a top diplomat to Moscow, Baku and Yerevan this week to propose a plan to resolve the conflict between Azerbaijan and Armenia.

Abbas Arghchi, Iran's deputy foreign minister, will present a blueprint that will “preserve the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan while seeking to bring a peaceful and permanent resolution to the crisis,” Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said Tuesday in an interview to state TV.

Three internationally brokered cease-fires have failed to stop the worst fighting in decades over Nagorno-Karabakh, an enclave within Azerbaijan that's been controlled by Armenian forces since the end of a war in 1994.

Armenia Says Truce With Azerbaijan Hailed by Trump Has Collapsed

Last week Iran said it had increased military deployments in border towns close to both Azerbaijan and Armenia after several stray rockets from the fighting landed in Iranian villages.

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search