Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jul 12, 2020

Tehran Police Say Blast at Clinic Due to Negligence

A deadly explosion in a Tehran clinic last month was caused by staff negligence, Tehran's deputy police chief said, ruling out sabotage.

A police investigation has concluded that the explosion and fire that killed 19 people in the Iranian capital on June 30 was “by no means a security issue,” Hamid Hadavand was cited as saying by the semi-official Fars news agency. About a dozen people, most of them clinic staffers, were arrested and released on bail until trial, he said, in the first official conclusion on the cause of the blast.

The clinic blast was one in a string of mysterious explosions, including at a military site near Tehran and a nuclear enrichment facility, to have rocked Iran in recent weeks, giving rise to suspicions of sabotage.

©2020 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search