ADVERTISEMENT

Govt Working To Resolve Maratha Quota Issue Within Legal, Constitutional Framework: Fadnavis

Thousands of supporters of Jarange have been camping in and around the Azad Maidan in south Mumbai where the activist has launched his latest agitation.

<div class="paragraphs"><p>File image of Mahashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis (PTI Photo)</p></div>
File image of Mahashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis (PTI Photo)
Show Quick Read
Summary is AI Generated. Newsroom Reviewed

Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis on Saturday said his government was working to address the demands of Maratha quota activist Manoj Jarange within the legal and constitutional framework.

The 10% reservation provided to the Maratha community last year (under the Socially and Economically Backward Classes category) was still in force, he said, as Jarange's indefinite fast for reservation in the OBC quota entered the second day.

The maximum number of decisions for providing education and employment to the Maratha community were taken between 2014 and 2025 (a period during which BJP-led governments have been in power for much of the time), Fadnavis added.

Thousands of supporters of Jarange have been camping in and around the Azad Maidan in south Mumbai where the activist has launched his latest agitation.

Opinion
Maratha Quota Stir: Government Delegation To Hold Talks With Jarange, Says Minister
OUR NEWSLETTERS
By signing up you agree to the Terms & Conditions of NDTV Profit