Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jan 22, 2021

Not In Favour Of Granting Extra Chance To UPSC Aspirants Who Missed Exam Due To Covid: Centre To Supreme Court

Not In Favour Of Granting Extra Chance To UPSC Aspirants Who Missed Exam Due To Covid: Centre To Supreme Court
A student takes an exam in U.K. (Photographer: Chris Ratcliffe/Bloomberg)

The Centre on Friday told the Supreme Court that it was not in favour of granting one more opportunity to those civil services aspirants who could not appear in their last attempt in the exams conducted by the UPSC last year due to the pandemic situation.

A bench headed by Justice AM Khanwilkar took note of the submissions of Additional Solicitor General SV Raju, appearing on behalf of the Department of Personnel and Training, that the government was not ready to give one more chance to the civil services aspirants who could not appear in 2020 due to the Covid-19 situation.

โ€œWe are not ready to give one more chance. Give me the time to file an affidavit... yesterday night I received instruction that we are not agreeableโ€, the law officer told the bench which also comprised justices B R Gavai and Krishna Murai.

The bench has now posted the plea of a civil services aspirant Rachna for hearing on Jan. 25 and asked the Centre to file an affidavit during the period and serve it to the parties.

Earlier, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta had told the bench that the government was considering the issue of granting one more opportunity to such civil services aspirants.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories โ€” On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
โš ๏ธ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search