- Union Minister Murlidhar Mohol stated the Air India crash probe is ongoing and not concluded
- An Italian newspaper claimed the pilots were blamed in the Air India crash investigation
- Mohol emphasised trust in Indian investigation agencies over foreign media reports
Union Minister of State for Civil Aviation Murlidhar Mohol has refuted a foreign media report about the probe into the Air India plane crash in Ahmedabad last year, stating that the investigation is still going on.
An Italian daily had claimed that agencies probing the crash blamed the pilots in their report.
"I just want to inform you all that our investigation agencies are probing the matter. Should we have faith in our own agencies or outsiders? Our agencies are working on it," Mohol said here on Saturday.
"Once the final report is finalised, then only it will be justifiable to comment on it," he added.
In one of the worst aircraft accidents in India, a total of 260 persons, including 241 passengers, died after Air India's Boeing 787-8 aircraft operating flight AI171 to London Gatwick crashed soon after take-off from Ahmedabad on June 12, 2025.
On Thursday, the Aircraft Accident Investigation Bureau (AAIB) said the probe was still in progress and no final conclusions have been reached.
It said media reports suggesting that the investigation into the accident has been finalised are "incorrect and speculative".
(This story has not been edited by NDTV staff and is auto-generated from a syndicated feed.)
Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.