Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jun 11, 2021

Baseball’s All-Star Game Won’t Go Back to Atlanta, Judge Says

A federal judge refused to force Major League Baseball to return its All-Star Game to Atlanta, denying a bid by a conservative group that opposed the sport's decision to move the game following Georgia's adoption of restrictive voting laws.

The Job Creators Network, which claims to represent more than 3,600 small business owners and supporters in the Atlanta area, sued Major League Baseball last month, saying businesses there lost as much as $100 million when the game was transfered to Denver.

U.S. District Judge Valerie E. Caproni on Thursday said the Washington-based group, backed Home Depot co-founder Bernie Marcus, didn't have legal standing to bring the suit against MLB.

Caproni issued her ruling after hearing arguments in federal court in New York.

©2021 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search