Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Nov 28, 2018

Musk Backs Off Plan for Tunnel in Tony Los Angelenos' Backyard

(Bloomberg) -- Elon Musk's futuristic tunneling company, Boring Co., is no longer embroiled in a lawsuit with the residents of West Los Angeles.

A  May lawsuit aimed at stopping the Boring Co.'s proposed tunnel under Sepulveda Boulevard has been settled, according to a notice filed at the Superior Court of Los Angeles County. Neighbors in the Brentwood and Sunset Boulevard areas, near the proposed tunnel, had sued the City of Los Angeles over the Boring Co.'s plans to build a test tunnel without going through an environmental review process, as recommended in April by the city's public works committee. 

The settlement was reached last month. 

“The Boring Company is no longer seeking the development of the Sepulveda test tunnel and instead seeks to construct an operational tunnel at Dodger Stadium,” the parties said in a joint statement.  

Since the Sepulveda tunnel was proposed, the Boring Co. has switched its focus to other projects. In addition to the Dugout Loop connecting Dodger Stadium to the city's Metro rail system, it is working on a proposed tunnel in Chicago

On its website, Boring Co. says it's “excited” to work on transportation tunnels in Los Angeles.

Next month, the Boring Co. is slated to open its test tunnel that runs under a portion of Hawthorne Boulevard, near Musk's Space Exploration Technologies Corp. office and the Boring Co. headquarters..

©2018 Bloomberg L.P.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search