Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Jun 11, 2019

Supreme Court Transfers Case Involving Ex-Promoter Of Bhushan Steel To Itself

Supreme Court Transfers Case Involving Ex-Promoter Of Bhushan Steel To Itself
The Supreme Court of India (Source: PTI)

The Supreme Court said Neeraj Singal, former promoter of Bhushan Steel, will remain out on interim bail granted by the Delhi High Court in a Rs 2,500-crore fraud case.

A bench comprising Justice AM Khanwilkar and Justice DY Chandrachud, however, stayed the operation of the Delhi High Court judgement and transferred to itself the plea Singal had filed in the high court for adjudication.

The bench said it was only allowing the interim bail to continue, and the operation of the rest of the judgment regarding various aspects, including the Serious Fraud Investigation Office's power to arrest and investigate, will be deliberated later.

The Delhi High Court had on Aug. 29 granted bail to Singal, arrested by the Serious Fraud Investigation Office for allegedly siphoning off public funds.

The apex court was hearing an SFIO plea to stay the Delhi High Court order in the case. The agency had earlier said his release will cause grave harm to the ongoing probe, which has reached an advanced stage.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search