Get App
Download App Scanner
Scan to Download
Advertisement
This Article is From Nov 30, 2015

Resumed Maggi Production at All Plants in Country: Nestle India

Resumed Maggi Production at All Plants in Country: Nestle India
None

New Delhi: Nestle India on Monday said it has resumed production of Maggi noodles at all five facilities in India.

Nestle, which relaunched Maggi noodles on November 9 after a ban of five months, has started production of Maggi noodles from its Tahliwal plant in Himachal Pradesh.

Nestle manufacturers Maggi noodles at its plants in Nanjangud (Karnataka), Moga (Punjab) Bicholim (Goa) and Tahliwal and Pantnagar in Himachal Pradesh.

"The company has resumed manufacturing of Maggi noodles at its Tahliwal (Himachal Pradesh) factory. With this, the company has resumed manufacture of Maggi noodles at all five noodle manufacturing facilities," Nestle said in a filing to the BSE.

Last week, the Swiss food major had started production of Maggi noodles from its fourth plant at Pantnagar in Uttarakhand.

In June, food regulator FSSAI (Food Safety and Standards Authority of India) had banned Maggi noodles, saying it was "unsafe and hazardous" for consumption after finding lead content beyond permissible limits.

Nestle India, which took a hit of Rs 450 crore including destroying over 30,000 tonnes of the instant noodles since June when it was banned because of alleged excessive lead content, had stated that it would continue with the existing formula of the product and would not change the ingredients.

The Consumer Affairs Ministry had also filed a class action suit against Nestle India, seeking about Rs 640 crore in damages for alleged unfair trade practices, false labelling and misleading advertisements.

It was for the first time that the ministry dragged a company to the National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC) using a provision in the nearly three decade old Consumer Protection Act.

Reeling under the Maggi ban, Nestle India had on October 29 reported 60.1 per cent decline in standalone net profit at Rs 124.20 crore for the third quarter ended September 2015.

Its net sales had declined 32.12 per cent to Rs 1,736.20 crore as against Rs 2,557.80 crore of the July-September quarter a year ago.

It had reported a standalone loss of Rs 64.40 crore in the second quarter (April-June) for the first time in last 15 years due to the ban on Maggi noodles.

At 3:11 p.m., shares in Nestle India were trading 1.51 per cent lower at Rs 5,874.15 apiece on the BSE, whose benchmark Sensex index was up 0.09 per cent.

Essential Business Intelligence, Continuous LIVE TV, Sharp Market Insights, Practical Personal Finance Advice and Latest Stories — On NDTV Profit.

Newsletters

Update Email
to get newsletters straight to your inbox
⚠️ Add your Email ID to receive Newsletters
Note: You will be signed up automatically after adding email

News for You

Set as Trusted Source
on Google Search