Kuwait Fire Death Toll Of Keralites Rises To 24, Seven In Critical Condition: Official

Advertisement
Read Time: 3 mins
(Source: Indians in Kuwait (IndiansinKuwait.com)/ X)

The death toll of Keralites in the Kuwait fire incident has increased to 24, with seven individuals from the state seriously injured and currently receiving treatment in different hospitals across the Gulf nation, said a senior NORKA Roots official on Thursday.

Ajith Kolasseri, currently holding the additional charge of NORKA Chief Executive Officer, said that as per unofficial reports from its Kuwait help desk, the casualty count among Keralites is on the rise.

Advertisement

Previously, the state government reported that, according to the information received, 19 individuals from Kerala were among the fatalities in the incident. The number has since risen to 24.

Additionally, seven critically injured Keralites are currently receiving treatment in the Intensive Care Units of several hospitals in Kuwait, as reported to the press.

Advertisement

The official said the names and details of the victims could be provided only after confirmation from the External Affairs Ministry. External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar spoke to his Kuwaiti counterpart Abdullah Ali Al-Yahya on the phone and urged him for early repatriation of the mortal remains of those killed.

"Spoke to Kuwaiti FM Abdullah Ali Al-Yahya on the fire tragedy in Kuwait. Apprised of the efforts made by Kuwaiti authorities in that regard. Was assured that the incident would be fully investigated and that responsibility will be fixed," Jaishankar said on social media platform X (formerly Twitter).

Loading...